Italian-style Bolognaise Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 small Brown Onions finely chopped
- 1 stalk Celery finely chopped
- 1 medium Carrot finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup dried Red Lentils rinsed
- 1 cup Mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp dried Italian Herbs
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- Fry Onions, Celery and Carrots in Oil for 10 mins.
- Add Garlic, Herbs and Lentils and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 45 mins.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.