Introduction to our Chakra centres
The Chakras are a great way to develop a connection between your body and mind. Chakras are defined as energy centres – a little like the sub-stations on the national power grid. When we begin to work with the Chakras there are 7 main energy points to be aware of (with a further 5 to explore later). Of the 7 the first 3 represent the foundation of our life’s expression.
It’s within the 7 that we find stuck energy and can start to work on clearing blockages that have built up over time. Basically we create blocks every time we have a situation in our lives that is not fully dealt with. These are fear, unexpressed emotions, and stories we have taken onboard from others. The good news is we don’t have the re-live the experience to clear it. That’s where Yoga, Meditation, Breath-work and other physical actions can play a part.
Not sure about it – at a really basic level we can just “eat the rainbow“. These foods have vibrations that can naturally heal the Chakra energy centres!
The 7 Chakras
- The 1st Chakra is called the root chakra and is located at the base of the spine. It aids survival by overcoming fear.
- Colour – Red.
- Sample Affirmation – “I am safe and secure, all my needs are met.”
- The 2nd Chakra is located below the navel. It is associated with all things emotional.
- Colour – Orange.
- Sample Affirmation – “My feelings are valid and guide me appropriately.”
- Practice this morning routine daily to stimulate and heal the 2nd Chakra
- The 3rd Chakra is located at the solar plexus. It is rules power and will.
- Colour – Yellow.
- Sample Affirmation – “I am a powerful and that is OK.”
- Join the 30 day Yoga Plank Challenge to address issues of core strength
- The 4th Chakra is located at the centre of the Chest. It is our connection to others through love and compassion.
- Colour – Green.
- Sample Affirmation – “I radiate love and light.”
- The 5th Chakra is located at the throat. It relates to our ability to communicate.
- Colour – Blue.
- Sample Affirmation – “My voice is important.”
- The 6th Chakra is located at the “third eye”. It relates to our intuitive thoughts.
- Colour – Purple.
- Sample Affirmation -“I am guided intuitively in all things.”
- The 7th Chakra is located at the crown of the head and connects us to the Universe.
- Colour – White (all colours).
- Sample Affirmation – “We are all connected.”